Calgary orthodontics: How to keep your teeth clean and healthy while wearing Invisalign® braces
During any type of orthodontic treatment, you need to follow a good daily oral hygiene routine to ensure your teeth remain healthy and move efficiently. One treatment option, Invisalign® braces, comes in the form of fully removable trays, which makes caring for them – and your teeth – easy:
- Remove your aligners and rinse off all the saliva before enjoying your meal or snack.
- Brush and floss your teeth as you normally would (as instructed by your dentist and oral care providers).
- Gently brush your aligners (without toothpaste) and rinse them with lukewarm water. If build-up appears on the trays, try using Invisalign®’s cleaning kit or soaking them in a retainer cleaning solution to freshen them up.
Looking after your aligners will ensure you get optimal results from this treatment, so be sure to:
- Avoid smoking and drinking strong tea or coffee while wearing the aligners, as this can result in discoloration of the trays.
- Don’t drink hot beverages with the trays in your mouth, and store the aligners safely in a cool place while not being worn, as heat can warp them.
- Always store aligners in their case, protecting them from being lost, chewed by a pet, getting dirty or accidentally being thrown away.
- Avoid biting down on the aligners when putting them in place, as this could result in damage to the trays
- Avoid chewing gum with the aligners in place, as it can stick to the trays.
Speak to our orthodontic team for more advice
At Daher Orthostyle™, we’re happy to give you a full consultation to find out if Invisalign® braces will suit your lifestyle and give you the results you’re looking for. Contact us today for more information on this and other orthodontic solutions or to book an appointment.
Complete this form if you
have any questions for us