Invisalign vs. traditional braces – how they measure up for West Vancouver patients
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, Invisalign clear aligners and traditional braces are two of the most popular methods for achieving straight teeth. Both methods are effective at moving teeth into their correct position which can reduce the rate of enamel wear, make your teeth easier to clean and ensure proper bite function. So how do you choose between these two options? Here are their pros and cons:
- They are completely clear so most people won’t even notice you are having orthodontic treatment.
- They are removable, so you can easily take them out for meals.
- They are easy to clean.
- This method often requires fewer appointments to complete treatment and greater flexibility when scheduling visits with the orthodontist.
- There are fewer emergency visits during this type of treatment
- They can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including crowding, bite alignment problems and spacing issues.
- Because they are removed for eating, it’s important to remember to put them back in after meals.
- The trays won’t be effective if they are not worn as recommended.
- They are permanently fixed to your teeth, so they are constantly affecting change.
- They are not removable.
- They require special attention to keep them free of food particles, tartar and build-up.
- They are noticable and may not be the preferred option for aesthetically-conscious individuals.
- You may experience some soft tissue irritation from the wires and brackets.
- More frequent visits to the orthodontist are required
How to choose the right orthodontic treatment process
At Dr. Daher’s Orthostyle™ office in West Vancouver, choosing the right treatment process is all about matching your treatment needs and goals with a treatment plan and method that will achieve great results. Our dental team will work with you right from the beginning to create a customized treatment plan that puts your oral health first and gives you the attractive, functional smile you deserve.
For more information on braces and Invisalign or to book an appointment, please contact us today.
Complete this form if you
have any questions for us